“Research Wing of the Indian Academy of Geriatrics” Award for the best dissertation or thesis
Research Wing of the Indian Academy of Geriatrics announces an annual award for the best dissertation or thesis addressing old age issues for the post-graduate students pursuing MD and MS degree course in medical colleges from India.
Eligibility for consideration of thesis research award
1. The dissertation / thesis should include older subjects (more than 60 years of age) and analysis should involve focus on their data.
2. The award will be open to all post-graduate students pursuing or completed in last one year, MD/MS degree course in medical colleges in India.
3. The dissertation / thesis can be submitted by any post-graduate students pursuing or completed in last one year, MD/MS degree course in medical colleges in India.
Methodology of application
The application should include the following documents
1. Cover letter which clearly defines the research question being addressed in the thesis and duly signed by the applicant and countersigned by the Guide and forwarded by the Principal/Dean of the Medical College.
2. An undertaking form ( format given below), duly signed by the applicant and countersigned by the Guide and forwarded by the Principal/Dean of the Medical College must be attached with the cover letter.
3. One-page structured summary of the work in 500-800 words which should include introduction, methods, results, discussion and conclusion
4. One hard copy of the original thesis work.
5. A soft copy of the thesis in PDF format.
6. Eligible candidates can apply through their college before 15th October 2018 to the Editor, Journal of the Indian Academy of Geriatrics, A 79, Shastri Nagar, Jodhpur 342003 Rajasthan. email@example.com.
7. It is essential for the selected candidate to present salient features of their thesis work for about 15 minutes during the GERICON-2018. In case, the selected candidate fails to make a presentation during the GERICON-2018, then award shall not be conferred.
8. The Research Wing of the Indian Academy of Geriatrics reserves all rights related to this award including the right not to confer the award if the entry/entries are not of the desired standard.
Details of the Award
The award will include a certificate and award of Rs 10,000.00 for the student
Criteria for judgement
|Max points||Points awarded|
|Research question is clearly defined and articulated||20|
|Design and methodology is appropriate to answer the question articulated||10|
|Novelty of research idea||10|
|Plagiarism (negative points deducted from total)||- 10|
|Review of literature is adequately exhaustive||10|
|Narrated aims and objectives have been adequately Addressed||10|
|Statistical analysis is appropriate||10|
|Figures and tables are appropriate for the results||10|
|Conclusions are appropriate extrapolations of results||10|
|References are appropriately listed in proper format (the Vancouver style)||5|
|Formatting and overall impression||5|
The submission form must include the following headings:
Conclusion in one line
Number of pages in the thesis
Name of the post-graduate students
Name of guide
Name of Medical College (where the post-graduate students pursuing MD/MS degree course)